Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Respect

03/2/2020
WALT: create a quality blog post of an audience, using correct sentence punctuation

To me Respect means to have a good learning attitude and being mature in class time. Respect could also mean ''don't say anything if you have got nothing nice to say". Respect might also look like treating something or someone respectfully. For an example if someone has a Chromebook and they are getting it out of the cabinet for you and they just drop it on the table your sitting at that would be the exact opposite of what respect would look like. Respect also means using your manners like
"Thank you,'' ''Please''.
      

2 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Riki. You have a well-written paragraph about respect here, ka pai! I noticed you've quoted "don't say anything if you have got nothing nice to say" - where have you heard this from? My Mum used to say this to my siblings and I when we were growing up. You also mentioned being mature in class time - are there other places or environments that you're in, e.g. sports, family events, surfing, etc., where you have to be mature or act in a certain way? Are there different levels of respectability or different expectations of respectability in different places? Why do you think this might be? What might respect look like in different places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did quote "don't say anything if you have got nothing nice to say". Well my mum would say to me sometimes or my brother if we are angry at each other. Respect can mean different things in different places so if I was at school maybe it would be take your rubbish home. But at home probably would mean looking after my guitars.

      Delete