Pages

Friday 6 March 2020

Maori Gods

WALT: write to describe Nga Atua Maori relate to us.

This term, Huia Whanau have been talking about Maori gods. The first thing we did was a bus stop activity to find out what we already knew. We then read the creation story and re-told it in our own creative way. I chose to work collaboratively with Louie, Kade, and I to make an animation. As a class, we identified some important Atua (gods): Rongo ma tane, Maui, Ruaumoko, Tumatauenga, Tawhirimatea, and Tangaroa. As a class we then started working on some collaborative art where we coloured in a section of a Maori god after deciding on different colour codes for different gods. On Wednesday, we learnt about the different feeling and emotions of the different gods. Also on Wednesday Miss Fleet taught us a song about the Maori gods. I would like to know who is your favourite Maori god?         

2 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Riki. I can see you are making positive choices for your learning after reading your blog post, well done. I'm really interested to know what working collaboratively with Kade and Louie was like? What successes and challenges did your group encounter while you were creating your animation?

    My favourite atua is Papatuanuku because she is our earth mother and carer of all things. I also connect with Tangaroa because I love being in and around the ocean, the river, anything water! Who are your favourite atua and why do you like them more than the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Fleet My favourite atua is Ruaumoko because he is the god of volcanoes and earthquakes and earthquakes make tsunamis so I think he's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete